I’m still not totally caught up on week 1 (Elementary, Glee and NCIS: LA are still on the PVR), but here are my thoughts so far.
– Trophy Wife – One episode was more than enough for me. I loved Bradley Whitford in West Wing, but this is no West Wing. The characters are annoying, the dialogue predictable and the whole thing is cloying.
– The Michael J. Fox Show – I love Michael J. Fox and he’s a Canadian treasure. However, having seen two episodes of this, I don’t see it lasting past this week. This show hits every cliche and be formulaic.
– Glee – I haven’t even seen the episode and the show is already on probation. I’ll stick around until the Cory Monteith episode airs. This was already on the edge last year.
– Mom – The first episode wasn’t too bad. (Side question, what’s with all the West Wing alums on new sitcoms?) However, it also wasn’t that good. I’ll give it a few more weeks.
– Dancing With the Stars – This is a fun unwinding show for a Monday night, but I don’t feel compelled to watch it. I haven’t really bonded with any of the contestants yet.
– The Crazy Ones – Robin Williams on television. What could go wrong? So far I’m not sold on this, but I’ll give it a few more episodes.
– NCIS: LA – Last season I saved up the whole second half of the season on the PVR and watched it during the summer. If it slides further downhill, it will be gone.
– Big Bang Theory – I love this show, but the season opener was a disappointment. Hopefully it will get better.
– New Girl – The first few episodes seem manic. Please find your groove soon!
– NCIS – Don’t go Ziva! I really like the characters on this show and so far it’s good to be back.
– The Good Wife – The season opener was good, as always. The preview showing Will angry with Alicia is a must see.
– Grey’s Anatomy – Yes, I know, it’s Grey’s Anatomy. I tried giving it up a few years ago and couldn’t, so I’ve given up trying for now.
– Nashville – The show’s gotten soapier, but this week’s episode was still good.
– Parks & Recreation – My favorite characters in London? What could be better? I came to love this show over the summer and the season opener was great.
– Brooklyn Nine-Nine – I watched this on the recommendation of the critics and quite enjoyed it. Funny and enjoyable.
Haven’t seen Elementary or Scandal yet, but I strongly suspect they will be keepers!
Oh, and via internet, George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight. As always, amazing interviews (love Margaret Atwood). I could do without the panel though (though it’s better than last year).
What shows are people watching? Anything must see that I’m missing?